I am feeling better, but the cough will not go away. The fact that our air quality is one of the worst in the nation adds to the problem I'm sure. I did not go to the nurse yesterday, but I guess I need to have my lungs checked again. I guess I'll go tomorrow at work and have her check to see if there is still a problem.
I finished the heavy kitchen towel that I was making for a friend. They are pink, white and green...not a color that I would have done, but these were her colors. I think they turned out well. I wove them with 8/4 carpet warp. These make a heavy towel with a good hand that wears well.
I started weaving on the Birthday Towels and had problems with shaft one lifting. If you have woven Atwater-Bronson lace, you know that every other thread is on shaft one and shaft one is tied to all the treadles but one. So when you press the treadle that does not have shaft one tied to it, the weight of all the other treadles slowly lifts shaft one making weaving a slow and messy process. Schacht Looms mades an adaptation to the wolf looms to correct this. Rubber bands are attached to the back of the loom and then to each treadle, this prevents the weight of the treadles from lifting the shaft.
I added an adaptation of my own. I put rubber bands on the front of the loom and around shaft one to keep it in place. I have done this before when I have had the problem. I think the Schacht correction would have finished the problem but I added the second to make sure I had no problems with the weaving.
When I was winding the warp, it went on so easily, but as I started weaving, I kept having to to tighten the warp. I must not have wound it on tight enough. I hope I will not have any other problems, because so far, the weaving has been pretty good and I like the way it looks.