I managed to get my birthday towels on the loom. I'm afraid that the warp will not be done by my Birthday, but I feel good I finally got it on the loom. I decided to use a linen that I have been hoarding. It is from another weaver's stash that I bought, an old beautiful, smooth 20/2 linen "Square-Sale" from Frederick J. Fawcett . It is hard to find linen that smoothly spun now. I will include some pictures when I get them on the computer. (Due to a hijacking of the computer, we had to wipe the C: drive and redo everything. I am still not used to the new programing and getting everything to work.)
I am weaving the towels in an Atwater-Bronson lace on eight shafts, and tonight when I started weaving the pattern, I had trouble with shaft one rising and the pedals sinking. If you have woven bronson lace on a baby wolf, you know the problem. I had to go to the office supply store to get some rubber bands to attach to the treadles to keep them from lifing the shaft when I want it to stay down. I hope to get the system on the loom tomorrow and I will take a picture of it.
I am measuring another warp to do a length of scarves in the Cummings tartan. I promised Dustin that I would make him one to go on the new coat that he bought and I need to get it done before the weather warms up.