summer flowers

summer flowers

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Things I learned today

Well, if I am going to have a post every day this month, I need to start carrying my camera with me.  I was working at the studio trying to get the tea towel warp on and I had no camera to take a picture.  I took a couple with my phone, but I don't know how to transfer from phone to computer.  The second thing I need to learn.

The towels are looking great.  I am threading bumberet, and I wound three threads of each color.  Well...when I was threading I found that I counted 4 threads once and 2 threads once.  Then I found that instead of the 9 thread color repeat, I only wound 3 threads.  So, I was adding threads as I threaded to get the pattern right, there should be 4 or 5 weights hanging on the back of the loom during weaving. 
Here is the back of the loom.
You can see the raddle at the top of the picture, but the warp is going to be fun to weave.  (I figured how to put the picture here from Instagram.)  I will go to the studio again tomorrow and, hopefully, finish the sleying the reed and start to audition some weft colors.  

I finished the first scarf warp on the alpaca, but need to measure the second one.  I am going to try to tie it on to the first warp.  I need to speed up the process as much as possible to get these scarves done.  

And I found my contact paper, so I can make the bobbin lace pricking to do the next piece of yardage!  I decided that I had to find mine and not go buy another roll.  Actually, I found two rolls, because, I guess, last time I bought the second rather than finding the first.




1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great weaving project and I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete