summer flowers

summer flowers

Saturday, December 5, 2015

I've been thinking

I decided that I do great at ideas, but I am no good at the follow through.  I guess that explains the many partially finished projects that I have.  I am a process person, not a project person...I like the process, but am less concerned about finishing the project or the plan or the idea.  

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  I will need to think about it some more.  

My Santa mug, I got it 60 years ago.
I do get lots of things done, I feel a great satisfaction in this.  Maybe I push myself too much that I don't get all the ideas done.  Maybe those ideas need to pass on to someone else to finish.  Maybe they all get finished, just not my way.

The Advent tree I made 30 years ago.
There are so many wonderful things to do and think about this time of year.  So many things to decide about.

My December tea towels

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with your December tea towels! Is there somewhere I could find more information about the design and the draft you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally got the design out of an old book "Handweaving patterns from Finland" by Pyysalo. It was for dress yardage. Another very similar threading is in Davison page 94 "traditional lace unit".

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I believe I have borrowed that book from the library.

      Delete