summer flowers

summer flowers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Isn't the way it always goes....


I found a great tool and then when I tell everyone about it, the company stops carrying it.

On Weave-tech, there was an entry with someone showing the great tool she found in a Japanese office supply store. She used it to hold the heddles out of the way on the shafts. I thought it looked great, but didn't know of any Japanese office supply stores near me. So I went on a quest to find an equally great tool in my area. After checking several office supply stores, I found it.

This is a binder clip that fits on the metal heddle rods on all my looms. It's easy to put on and take off with the application tool and the clips are reusable.



I bought several and told all my weaver friends, then several weeks later I went back and found that the store didn't carry them any more...


It is such a great tool to use. You just load the clips in the applicator, then use it to put them on each heddle. The clips hold tight and they do not interfere with the movement of the shafts. They come off easily and then can be reloaded in the applicator and used again. Now I need to find another source of this tool so that I can pass the information around.



No comments:

Post a Comment