Pillows in Swedish Art Weaving

Pillows in Swedish Art Weaving

Friday, January 29, 2016

And we continue

My husband was in the hospital for nine days, that seems like such a long time.  I think they wanted to keep him there a little longer, but he decided that he had enough.  He has stabilized and is doing much better, but I am worried that I will not be able to do what is needed.  It doesn't help that I need to be in another town for three days this week for teaching.  Luck for us my DS is off work most of that time and will be able to be here.

My week of alone time was supposed to be a time to get things done.  I tidied the house, cleaned a kitchen floor that really needed it.  But I had trouble working on anything that needed attention (scrubbing floors takes no thinking and that was great). 

I did some bobbin lace, I have been doing this pattern or a variation of it for so long it is almost automatic.  
I finished another rotation of the pillow.
The picture shows the join on the pattern.  The marks on the upper left are the number of times I have finished a complete round of the pattern.  Each round is just over twelve inches, so I figure I have about three yards done.  I plan on five yards so I am more than half way.

I tried to work on the Swedish Art weave, but I made more mistakes that progress.  However, I did turn the loom over and take a picture of the halvkrabba.  After I was almost done with it, I realized that I did a similar variation of the same pattern on one of the other pillow tops, oh well, it is a little different.

You can see the the next pattern started that I kept making mistakes on.  It should look great, but I need some stress-free time to work on it.

Another weaving that I had problems with is the overshot sampler that I am working on at Pioneer Craft House.  I need to get this warp off the loom!  I am weaving several different patterns of overshot for class examples.  I finished the third one.
Sample # three
After I finished the sample, put some lease sticks in the back to hold the cross, then cut the piece off so that I could rethread for the fourth sample.

Bad Cross
Yes, in my over stressed condition, I put both sticks in the same side of the cross...and I tied them together without even looking to make sure I was correct.  I had to thread very carefully, and again I read the pattern wrong and had to start over threading a couple of times.



I did finally get it threaded correctly the next day and started weaving the pattern.  I want to get one more sample off the loom and then I am done and have another empty loom.



No comments:

Post a Comment