On the finished items front, I have finished a couple of bookmarks with the lacework. I am getting myself into a better "finger working" place so that I can work on some larger pieces. (Maybe I can get myself back on the "learn Buckspoint better" trail.) I have some threads and a couple of books to work on this.
|I also did one with pink on the outer edge, but the picture didn't come out.|
The tartan warp is coming along great. I am half way through number five and I hope to get two more off this warp. (I already have another warp in the wings for this loom.) I have build up quite a stack for finished scarves. It is kind of neat to see that much weaving done.
The napkins are also coming along well. I decided to do a blue and a gold of each of three tie-ups. All six of the napkins will be treadled "as drawn in" and I have decided to base all the tie-ups on a 3/2/1/2 twill. This should give them a nice relationship.
The picture of the blue napkin in the last entry is using tie-up one. This picture of a gold napkin is using tie-up two. I like the differences and the similarities.
|The motif has more of a diamond development in this tie-up.|
I had to work Saturday this weekend, so I will not be getting as much done. I know I should have done it on Thursday when I was given the day off...but for some reason I spent most of Thursday sleeping, I guess I needed it.
I would like to finish the blue version of tie-up two and then start tie-up three to see the difference. I will probably have time, especially if I can pawn off the dish washing and laundry and vacuuming and watering and....