summer flowers

summer flowers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weaving is progressing

I am managing to continue to get some weaving done.  I still haven't managed the "do it everyday", but I am working on it.  There has been a lot going on in the house:  Fridge repair, new washer, insulation in the attic, measuring for new windows (due end of September) and on going bathroom saga.  I hope more of these will reach a finish point soon.
On the finished items front, I have finished a couple of bookmarks with the lacework.  I am getting myself into a better "finger working" place so that I can work on some larger pieces.  (Maybe I can get myself back on the "learn Buckspoint better" trail.)  I have some threads and a couple of books to work on this.
I also did one with pink on the outer edge, but the picture didn't come out.

I am on number 3 of the current group of bookmarks, I have a bunch of old, fine crochet cotton that I am using.  I want to do a few bookmarks to have on hand for gifts.

The tartan warp is coming along great.  I am half way through number five and I hope to get two more off this warp.  (I already have another warp in the wings for this loom.)  I have build up quite a stack for finished scarves.  It is kind of neat to see that much weaving done. 


The napkins are also coming along well.  I decided to do a blue and a gold of each of three tie-ups.  All six of the napkins will be treadled "as drawn in" and I have decided to base all the tie-ups on a 3/2/1/2 twill.  This should give them a nice relationship.

































































































































O     O     O O
    O     O O O
O O     O     O



    O     O O O
O     O     O O
O O O     O    



  O     O O O  
O O     O     O
  O O O     O  



O     O O O    
O O O     O    
    O O O     O



    O O O     O
  O O O     O  
O     O O O    



  O O O     O  
    O O O     O
  O     O O O  



O O O     O    
O     O O O    
    O     O O O



O O     O     O
  O     O O O  
O     O     O O



1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
















































































































































































































































































































I wonder what happened to the grid on the tie-ups when I copied them??...  Oh well, on the first tie-up you see the 3/2/1/2 on treadle 2, on the second tie-up it is on treadle 5 and I reversed the direction, and on tie-up three it is on treadle 7 and I liked the reversed direction so I used it again.
The picture of the blue napkin in the last entry is using tie-up one.  This picture of a gold napkin is using tie-up two.  I like the differences and the similarities.  

The motif has more of a diamond development in this tie-up.
I had to work Saturday this weekend, so I will not be getting as much done.  I know I should have done it on Thursday when I was given the day off...but for some reason I spent most of Thursday sleeping, I guess I needed it.  
I would like to finish the blue version of tie-up two and then start tie-up three to see the difference.  I will probably have time, especially if I can pawn off the dish washing and laundry and vacuuming and watering and....

No comments:

Post a Comment