summer flowers

summer flowers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

I feel a little guilty, I didn't do any weaving over Easter Weekend.  I did get some things done around the house.  And you know the rules, leave the clean laundry out and the cat will find it.

Jasmine leaving her additions to my clean clothes.

My son wanted to take some pictures at an interesting place, so we drove three hours to get to Capital Reef National Park.  This a a favorite park for us and we have made a one day visit before, but this time he wanted sunset pictures, so it was a late arrival home last night.  But it was wonderful to see something new, and the red rock country is the color of my soul.  I came back refreshed and renewed.
Such beautiful country.

 We drove to the places that he wanted to take pictures, I enjoyed a walk with my DH and I took some great pictures.  I have none of me, I guess I will copy some that my son took, but maybe not, he usually gets me from behind and it shows my fat ass a less flattering view of me.
One of the rock formations with pear blossoms.
Deer eating at the picnic area

More fruit blossoms

Back lit plum blossoms.
 The park area was once a pioneer settlement known for their fruit trees, so in recent years the park has renewed the orchards and we get to enjoy spring blossoms.  And in the autumn we get to have the fruit and nuts that the deer and squirrels don't get.


My son setting up at Sunset Point

More clouds may have made a more colorful picture

I take lots of pictures of old dead trees.
We had a very nice weekend, now I need to get back to the business at hand.  

I have to empty my baby wolf loom to take a workshop next weekend...only four days away...oh no, where is the yarn I need for the workshop warp.

I need to thread and weave a sample for my April Project class...only 2 weeks away...

My rugs need to be finished and in the mail before the middle of the month...wow that is in 6 days.

I guess I have a lot to do for the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment