summer flowers

summer flowers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vacation with My Family

For over forty years, my family has done a 3 or 4 day camp out at Bear Lake each summer. 

Over the years, we have developed a routine.  Each family is responsible for one meal to cook for all of us, we bring a flotilla of blow up boats and toys, and we do some type of craft as a group.  Our goal is to have a relaxed time and mostly talk, sit, eat and enjoy the day.

Family enjoying the beach.

We spend a lot of time just sitting on the beach, and enjoying the view.  This year we were there earlier in the year and the temperature was great.  We only got up to the high 70's in the day and down to the high 40's at night.  I really enjoy sleeping in the cool weather.

A relaxing day with no pressures.
About half of us camp in tents, several have trailers, and each year some get a condo.  This year, my sister got a condo because this year she had two grand babies under one year.  Although I loved the cool sleeping, it is not the best for babies.

My family at our tent site.



This year, we did tie-dye as our craft.  We did tee-shirts, dresses, little one piece and two piece baby clothes.  We mixed the dye strong and got some great designs by all the people.  


Shirts hanging to dry.
More great Tie-dye. 
Mom in front of a couple of dresses and a sarong.

I love spending time with my extended family, and it is so important for the cousins to get to know each other.  I love to sit and talk to my Mom and siblings.  It is great to get to know the new babies, and to find out what has been happening with the family members that we don't get to see so often.
 
Babies on the Beach
Cousins getting to play on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment