summer flowers

summer flowers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Just some pictures

I have been taking some pictures of older projects and status of projects.  

Here is a pillow in overshot, using rag strips as the pattern.

Here is a piece of fabric.  I gave a warp demonstration and ended up with a piece 4" wide and just over 1 1/2 yards long.  What am I going to do with that?...And to top it off it is two colors, yes I just used the thread in the same size that was left on a couple of shuttles I found laying around.

This is a scarf that I made from some leftover yarn that I had been using for sales scarves.  On this warp I was trying to have the stripes show a distinct change and a gradual change in color.



This is  scarf that I wove with tencel.  I like the way the lace blocks show up.  I wove one for a friend, and one for me.


I was playing with making some knitting markers.  The shawl I am working on has over 20 repeats around the circle and I made matching markers to use.  Oh yes, I really need to have matching markers for my work,  And besides they are shine and look pretty.

I also made me some more  markers with some glass beads I found.  I made enough to give a set to another friend.


Here is a hat I made after taking a dye class at my LYS.  We painted some pre-knit blanks.  I had lots of fun with colors.  I did not want to do socks...that was what was suggested.  Instead I bought some solid brown of the same weight and knit a two color hat.  I made up the pattern as I went, shape from one pattern, color work from another source.  In knitting the sides of the hat, I thought the orange was too much so I cut off a big section of it.  I wanted the color work to balance a little more.  With the leftover orange, I made a cord and stitched it around the ridges.


This is a scarf that I wove using commercial dyed sock yarn.  I wanted to have the stripes look as wide in the weaving as they do in the socks that you knit.  I think that it worked well.  I also knit a pair of socks from the second skein I bought to use as weft.

Well, that's it...a bit of this and that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I knew you had talent but to have so much talent just isn't fair. You really have made some beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deanna, this is why you rock and I will forever be in awe!

    ReplyDelete